Friday, April 5, 2013

Zucchini Chips = I want something crispy and salty!

Zucchini Chips = I want something 
crispy and salty!
I miss chips!  Chips and hot sauce, chips and queso, Ruffles and Ranch dip, Fritos and Bean dip.....it's a sickness.  I decided to give zucchini chips a try just to have something salty and crunchy.  I was glad I did.  They reminded me of that one burnt chip that you always find in the Lay's potato chip bag.  Except I like those!  Don't be afraid to get these babies brown.  You want to find the crunch.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2.   Use a mandolin to slice your zucchini on the thinnest setting.  Do NOT slice your finger off....Kristin Jones!
I cut two whole zucchini up.

3. Spread a paper towel out and lay the zucchini down in a single layer.  Place another paper towel on top and press down with your hand.  This will help absorb any extra liquid in the zucchini.

4. Line a sheet pan with Non-Stick Foil - this stuff is awesome!  Lay the zucchini flat and brush with olive oil.  Sprinkle with salt and bake for 25 minutes.  Keep an eye on them.  Once they start to brown, they go quick!
 
Remember - don't be afraid to get these dark.  You want the crunch right?
 This will satisfy your chip cravings.  Not as much as Fuzzy Taco's, or El Fenix, or Taco Bueno, or.....nevermind!

No comments:

Post a Comment