Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Yummy Paleo Pumpkin Muffins

I love me some pumpkin!

Pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin waffles....I could do my own rendition of Bubba on Forrest Gump talking about his shrimp dishes but using my pumpkin recipes.  I've been hesitant to try anything pumpkin and Paleo because I make the most wonderful, moist, perfect NON Paleo pumpkin bread in the world.  So I'm sure nothing would compare right?  My cravings got the best of me so I got to lookin' on Pinterest and found a recipe for pumpkin muffins.  I had an issue though.  When I mixed all of the ingredients together and took a whiff - the aroma was nothing like my pumpkin bread.  So I decided I could fix it.  I got out 3 additional ingredients that were not in the original picture and added those in.  Once I added these the batter finally smelled like pumpkin bread and I knew it was time to pop these in the oven! On a side note, it was the first time I had used coconut oil.  I'm really thinking that this could be optional because once it was melted, it seemed like such a tiny bit that I wondered how it would make a difference in the recipe?  Just FYI.

Yummy Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
You will need (the last three ingredients were not included in the original recipe.  I added these for some extra kick and they were perfect!)
  • 1 1/2 cups almond flour
  • 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp melted coconut oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • pinch of sea salt
  • 2 tsp warm almond butter
  • 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/4 cup honey 
  • 1/2 tsp ground cloves
  • 1/2 tsp allspice
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg          
  
I included a close up picture of the almond flour and coconut oil.  It was the first time using both of these and I bought them this weekend at Sprouts.


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix all of the ingredients together.


2. I used foil lined cupcake holders for my muffin pan to make for an easy clean up.  I also used my mellon baller to scoop and dip my muffin tins 2/3 full.


3. Bake for 23-25 minutes.  I found mine to have a better texture the day after.  I also stored mine in an airtight container in the fridge.  

 
 Hopefully this is another option for your breakfast.  Or in my case a dessert!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment