Monday, April 8, 2013

Paleo Chipotle Pulled Pork in the Crockpot!

I love the crockpot!  I'm not sure if it is because I'm a full-time mom that doesn't have a lot of time or if it is just because I'm lazy?  Probably a little of both.  Whatever it is - coming home to a Paleo meal already made sure does make things a lot easier.  This is one of Jesse's favorites.  He loved this even before he started eating Paleo.  I have no problem eating this plain....it is just that good.  Tonight I topped it with some fresh pico de gallo,  My fellow CrossFitters, Carrie and Carlos, gave me that idea and it was great!  I saw a picture on Pinterest where they had bought some frozen sweet potato waffle fries and baked them.  They used two of these as 'buns' to make pulled pork sliders.  I tried buying some this weekend and Walmart was sold out :(  I will be trying that again soon.

Chipotle Pulled Pork

1. Start with a pork shoulder.  I always use crockpot bags to make for a quick clean up.
 

 2. Season the outside of the pork shoulder with a seasoning of your choice.  


3. Quarter an onion and place at the bottom of the crockpot.  This will act as a stand for your pork shoulder.

  
4.  You will need some all natural chicken stock and a can of chipotle peppers in adobe sauce.  Pour in about an inch of chicken stock to the bottom of the crockpot.



5. Place the pork shoulder on top of the onions.  Pour the can of chipotle peppers and sauce on top of the pork shoulder.  By the way, you will NOT eat these peppers.  You just want them to season your pork and they do a great job at it.


6. Cook on low for 8 hours.  I cooked mine about 12 today and it was still tender and easy to pull or shred.  Here is the finished product.  Remember to remove the peppers before you eat the pork.


7.  Grab two forks and start to shred your pork.  Like I said, it is great by itself or with the pico tonight.  I save left overs in tupperware and pour some of the juice on top to keep it moist.


 yummy
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment