Friday, April 5, 2013

Paleo Pancakes

I am a pancake girl!  I grew up eating pancakes, cereal, donuts, carbs ,etc for breakfast.  I never was very fond of eggs although I've learned to enjoy them now.  I really miss pancakes and have found a wonderful Paleo version.  The first time I tried it, I had to choke it down.  I had not had an opportunity to doctor it up and make it taste the way I wanted it.  I figured it out and it is like dessert now.  I love these things!  I get so excited on the weekend to get up and make these.  And honestly, I'm only able to eat one.  I get pretty full and can eat these totally plain.  If you want more sweetness, just drizzle it in raw honey!

Paleo Pancakes

1. Squish one banana in a bowl.  That is so a technical term!
2. Add an egg and mix completely.  It will be lumpy.
 3. Once mixed, add as much cinnamon as you like.  I LOVE cinnamon so I add a lot!
 4. Spray a hot skillet and pour the pancake mix in.  It will cook like a pancake but it's a pain in the butt to try and flip it.  If yours falls apart, do not be discouraged.  Food eats the same whether its a pretty pancake or an ugly one!  My usually flips in sections and I just make sure it's browned on both sides.  I cook it on medium heat.
5. Like I said, these are wonderful by themselves and will take care of your sweets cravings.  They are better drizzled with raw honey.  Enjoy!
6. It's ugly....but good.  I mean really good.  Like pancake good!
 
 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment