Thursday, April 11, 2013

Paleo Dry Rub Ribs in the Crockpot

I meant to post this recipe last night since we had it for dinner but I just didn't get to it.  Let's just be honest - Duck Dynasty was on and I have priorities people!  These turned out wonderful and oh so tender.  It sure makes me want to get a smoker!  I would love to have smoked ribs, turkey, chicken, etc. on a regular basis.

1. Buy a rack of all natural baby back ribs.


2. Mix the following spices together for the dry rub.  
1 tsp chili powder (or more if you like it spicy)
1 T garlic powder
2 tsp celery salt
1 T onion powder
1 T cumin
2 tsp cajun seasoning ( I like Slap Yo' Momma)
1 tsp black pepper    


3. Cut rack of ribs into 3 or 4 sections to fit them into the crockpot.  Rub the sections down with the dry tub and be sure to coat all sides.  Stack the ribs up in the crockpot.



 
4. I like to add a can of chipotle peppers on top of the ribs.  It adds a smokey flavoring.  There is that Frank's Hot Sauce commercial on the radio where the old lady says 'I put that 'bleep' on everything!'  That's kind of how I am with chipotle peppers.  You can leave these off - it is totally optional.  If you do use the peppers, remove them before you eat the ribs.
 

5. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.  Here is my finished product.

 
6. Look what happened when I pulled the first rack out!  It was so tender a bone fell off!  That's a good sign!
 
 

 7. These are so good and we always end up with leftovers for lunch too.  That's a bonus.  And I love coming home with dinner done and the house smelling so good!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment