Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes

After enjoying my banana pancakes for so long now I figured I could try it with pumpkin too.  The first time I made these they turned out okay, but not great.  A banana offers plenty of sweetness to pancakes but the pumpkin didn't.  The second time I made these I added a little honey to the batter and it was much better.  These are still very hard to turn so I made them into silver dollar pancakes and waited patiently to make sure they cooked all the way through before flipping them.  They smell wonderful when cooking!

Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes
  • 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not canned pumpkin pie)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/8 teaspoon allspice
  • 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons honey

1. Measure out 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin.  You DO NOT want the canned pumpkin pie.


2. Combine pumpkin and 1 egg in a bowl.  Mix well.  Add all of the spices and the honey.


3. This batter is thinner than the banana pancake batter.  Therefore I suggest you make these into small silver dollar pancakes so they are easier to flip.


4. Be patient and let these cook fully on one side.  It makes the flipping much easier.  I had these plain but you could also drizzle them with a little honey.  Very yummy!!!

 
 

 


     

No comments:

Post a Comment