Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Faux Garlic Mashed Potatoes using Cauliflower

In my brave attempt to try new vegetables, I decided to give the cauliflower mashed potatoes a try.  I'm glad I did!  They were pretty close to the real thing and would have been even better with butter and cheese - I avoided that.  I served these with the buffalo chicken bites and it made for a great dinner.  Especially when you scoop up some potatoes and some buffalo chicken in one bite.  I just freaked out a few of y'all I know - the ones who cannot let their food touch each other :)

Faux Garlic Mashed Potatoes
  • 1 head of cauliflower
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 3 cloves garlic  
1. Chop up the head of cauliflower into chunks.  I placed these into my Pampered Chef bowl that has a top on it.  Pour 1/4 cup of water into the bowl and put the lid on it.  Cook in the microwave for 15 minutes.  This lid does not fit tight but allows the cauliflower to steam as it cooks.


2. When the cauliflower is done, drain it and try to press out as much water as you can.  Transfer it to a bowl and add the 3 cloves of garlic.  Mash together and serve.  You can season with salt and pepper if you would like!


3. Here was my finished product!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment