Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Paleo No-Bake Cow Patty Cookies

I love cow patties!
Growing up my grandmother and I would make these no-bake cookies we called cow patties.  Obviously they got their name because they look like a pile of poo.  But they tasted so good.  They were made of oatmeal, chocolate and a few other ingredients.  I was excited when I found a recipe on Pinterest for a similar cookie.  These were SO easy and SO good.  I only had shredded coconut which is shredded really fine.  Next time I'll be sure to get the flaked coconut because I think the bigger pieces would give the cookies a better texture.

Paleo No-Bake Cow Patties
  • 1 cup coconut flakes
  • 1 cup Paleo chocolate chips
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/2 cup almond butter
  • 1/3 honey
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon




1. Heat chocolate chips, oil, honey and almond butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.  Melt the chocolate chips and almond butter until they are a smooth consistency.

 
2. Turn off heat and add cinnamon, nuts and coconut.  Be sure to coat everything in the chocolate.

3. Drop a spoonful on a parchment (I used non stick foil) lined cookie sheet.  Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until hardened.  I used my melon scoop to measure out my cookies.

 
This is the best Paleo dessert so far!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment