Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Bites

Winner, Winner - Chicken Dinner!
I found another great recipe off of www.paleomg.com for buffalo chicken mini meatloaf.  I decided to make them into balls so that they might cook faster and I might not eat as much :)!  I had also been wanting to try the faux mashed potatoes using steamed cauliflower.  It turned out to be an awesome meal!  I stayed away from the diary.....the cauliflower did taste like mashed potatoes and I'm sure would have been even better with a slab of butter and some cheese on it.  Oh well, it was still good!

Buffalo Chicken Bites
(this is paleomg.com's recipe for meatloaf - I just formed them into balls)
  • 1 lb ground chicken
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons coconut flour
  • 3-4 tablespoons hot sauce (I used Franks Red Hot Sauce)
  • 2 stalks celery, diced
  • 1/4 small yellow onion, diced
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
  • salt and pepper to taste  

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Place all ingredients in a bowl and use your hands to mix thoroughly.


2. Form mixture into 1 inch balls and bake for 30 minutes.


3. After 30 minutes, remove from the oven and sprinkle some additional Frank's Red Hot Sauce on top of each ball.  Return to the oven and cook for 5 more minutes.


Take out and serve with faux mashed potatoes.  See the next post for the potato recipe.



      

No comments:

Post a Comment