Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Paleo Breakfast Cookies

Here is a great cookie recipe that is actually called a breakfast cookie.  I've eaten them for dessert....I just can't bring myself to eat a cookie for breakfast.  It just seems wrong :)

Paleo Breakfast Cookies
  • 1/4 cup pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie in a can)
  • 1/2 cup almond butter
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup almond flour/meal
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 cup paleo chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or nonstick foil.  Combine all wet ingredients together.


2. Mix well and add the dry ingredients.


3. Scoop batter to whatever size cookie you would like and flatten them out to the desired thickness since these do not spread on their own.  Bake approximately 10-15 minutes according to thickness.  My first batch I cooked for 15 minutes and they were not done enough.  My second batch was 20 minutes and it was too done.  So pick a number in between those! :)  These are really good chilled so I keep mine in the fridge.

 


 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment