Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Paleo Cauliflower Fritters

I've been experimenting with cauliflower a lot lately.  It can have the same characteristics of potatoes, I just wish I could load it up with butter cheese!  I found a Pinterest recipe for Paleo Cauliflower Fritters which are basically faux potato cakes that turned out really good.  It sounds crazy, but I dipped mine in mustard and it reminded me of potato salad.  Weird...I know.

Paleo Cauliflower Fritters
  • one head of cauliflower
  • one egg
  • 1/2 cup almond flour
  • olive oil
1. Cut cauliflower into large chunks.  I shredded them with my grater and it almost made little bits that looked like rice.


2. I shredded the entire head of cauliflower.  I threw the pieces in a bowl I use to steam veggies.  I place it in about 1/4 cup of water and sprinkled some sea salt in it too.  I placed it in the microwave and steamed it for around 8 minutes.


3. Once the cauliflower is steamed you will need to drain all the water off and then SQUEEZE the excess water using a kitchen towel.  I dumped the contents on to a towel and wrapped the towel around it.  The hard pot is that is is HOT!  I used tongs to hold it and twist it for the water to drain out.  See the pics below for a better explanation!



4.  Place drained cauliflower in a bowl and mix with the egg and almond flower.  I chose to add in some minced garlic for flavor.  Scoop out and throw it down on a griddle that has been drizzled with some olive oil.  Flatten cakes out with your spoon and fry on each side for about 4 minutes or longer depending on how brown you would like them to get.  Yummy!





 
 
 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment